About Me

My photo
This is my blog for documenting and writing about my month-long experience of studying abroad in the United Kingdom!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ringo is today!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

As you may have gathered, today is the day that a group of us catch a train to Liverpool to see my personal inspiration, the one and only Ringo Starr (and his All-Star Band, of course). Yes Ashlen, I AM wearing my Ringo shirt to the concert :) Everyone has been made well aware that I love Ringo to death :) I'm very much looking forward to that. I still need to pack a few things...well pack everything I need actually...and then I'll be ready to go. We are going to try to catch the train that leaves around 1 PM. When I get back I will be sure to post everything I remember about it. As always, I'll take tons of pictures.
Yesterday after class got over, Mathea and I went wandering around the outside of Harlaxton. Since it took us  almost 2 hours, you can probably guess that it's a rather large area. Even though it was raining, it was still really nice to see all of the grounds and get some good pictures. After that I just chilled for a while and then a group of us decided to go into town after dinner. Little did we know that everything closed at 5PM. We inconveniently found that out in the taxi on the way to Grantham. *sigh* Although, the trip wasn't a total loss. We stopped at some pub place and got some tasty dessert and then found our way to the train station near by. Then Katia and I were able to get our train tickets for today, so that was a relief. After we got back last night we just chilled in the room. I worked on my blog assignment for a while and also finally was able to skype with my mom and sister :) (and Harrison and Tinkerbell). That was basically all of yesterday. We did manage to squeeze in a game of Farkle.
Today was an early class and we covered up to 1963 and listened to Please Please Me. :) After class I called the taxi cabs to order 3 for us around noon so we can go to the train station together. Now here I am typing and needing to pack :P That's about all I have for now. Again I'll leave you with more pictures from yesterday. Cheers!
In the back of Harlaxton



Back of Harlaxton

Mama and baby ducks!


the cozy little backyard of Harlaxton...


Greenhouse/Conservatory


Inside the greenhouse


There's a pond in there!

with fish!





These are actually the front doors

Here's the cool elevator :)

3 comments:

  1. I wonder how many weddings are held at Harlaxton. How gorgeous would that be? And hooray for wearing your Ringo shirt! :) Have a great time! I wonder if he'll give a birthday shout-out to Paul?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you lucky ducky!! We are so happy for you getting to see Ringo perform in person because "you know it don't come easy!! Have a wonderful time "with a little help from your friends",be sure to just "act naturally" and please take many a "photograph"!
    xoxox
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. so the place you're staying reminds me of something from Pride and Prejudice. so pretty! you could probably spend all of your time just exploring around there...is it like a school there, or is it just your program?

    ReplyDelete