About Me

My photo
This is my blog for documenting and writing about my month-long experience of studying abroad in the United Kingdom!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Oh where to begin...

This weekend was absolutely incredible. Truly it was... I wish my family could've been there to experience it all with me. On Saturday, we left for Liverpool around 1:00 PM. Thankfully we were able to get out in time to catch that train. It claimed to be a "non-stop" or else "express"  train, which really means that you don't have to change trains, but it stops about 15 times. The train was pretty comfortable and nice, it just would've taken probably a third of the time if there weren't so many stops. Not to worry, some silly train was NOT going to darken my Ringo weekend. So we got to Liverpool around 4:30PM and walked to the hostel which was conveniently really close to the train station. We got to the hostel and dropped our stuff off, so then Mike, Dennis, Hannah, Nina, Katia, and myself all wanted to walk around for a bit and grab some dinner before the concert. We went to this near by place that was Mediterranean. It was surprisingly good and really cheap! Double win! So then we kept on walking and found the Empire Theatre, where Ringo was performing, and took some pictures of it and around that area. We had plenty of time to kill because the concert didn't start until 8:30. So we hung around outside the theatre for a bit and then I finally convinced everyone to go inside :) I wanted to go in early so I could hit up the giftshop....and I most certainly did. So after the gift shop extravaganza and getting some spectacular stuff, Katia and I went in to find our seats with the rest of the group. The theatre wasn't gigantic, but it was a really nice place. Our seats were pretty high up, but I think any seat in that theatre would probably be fine. Nonetheless, we were in our seats and they were just fine. So we sat a while and then the opening act came on. I don't recall what her name was, but it was this really good singer and a guitar player guy who would occasionally sing some harmonies. They sang about four or five songs, which were all great, and then it was back to waiting for Ringo. The lights dimmed and all of the band came out on stage. They started playing "It Don't Come Easy" but Ringo WAS NOT THERE >:-O A few moments later, Ringo ran out on stage and started singing :) It was a magnificent moment. Just some background on this guy, for those of you who are less familiar, he's almost 71 years old and has been performing since his teens. This guy was running all over the stage, dancing around, running back and forth between the microphone and his drums, and doing jumping jacks. He looked absolutely gorgeous and fantastic for 71 and had some incredible energy and of course he sounded great. There is NO WAY you would know his age by watching him perform. So the concert was off to an awesome start. Ringo sang about three songs to start and then he started the round of his "All-Stars" singing their popular songs. The concert was really indescribable...well it is, but I'm making this post relatively short :) Anyways, the concert was purely wonderful. After the concert, we all went out to a pub and hung out for a bit. A few of us headed back to the hostel early and hit the sack. The next day Katia and I went exploring around Liverpool. We did tons and tons of shopping. We also went up and down Mathew street and went to The Cavern Club. It was all so cool and I was definitely not the only tourist taking a ridiculous amount of pictures. After eating lunch and more shopping we went to another mall and I got a pedicure and a facial. Katia got a massage. It was quite a relaxing afternoon. We then went to the train station and chilled with Mike until the train got there. We finally got back to Harlaxton around 10PM and I ordered in a couple pizzas for us. A bunch of us ended up staying down in the lobby talking until about 1AM. It was a very nice night. As for today (Monday), Katia, Mathea and I all went into town and browsed around there. We shopped for a bit and then came back and had dinner at 5:30. Then Mathea and I did some face masks that we bought earlier in the day. That was...an experience :P you'll see. Basically I've just been hanging around here and talking to my mom all evening. Now I will FINALLY post some pictures. Until next time, cheers!
On the train to Liverpool


Hatters Hostel (where we stayed the night)


This is where Ringo was performing :)

enough said...











Inside The Cavern





This was back in Grantham....I found this hilarious

Cutie pies :-P

3 comments:

  1. Okay.
    A) I love that pic of you in front of the theatre. Also nice job on restraining yourself from the gift shop as soon as you got there.
    B) I don't know how much free time you'll have when you go back to Liverpool, but I remembered that the Eleanor Rigby statue is around there somewhere, and you should find it (if you don't see it on some tour or whatever).
    C) I love what this font does to emoticons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!and Wow again!!! I just can't put into words how thrilled I am that you were able to have this awesome Ringo weekend!! What a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the funniest picture of us in our masks.

    ReplyDelete